Wednesday 30 November 2016

Wrapping up November

November has been a somewhat busy month but also somewhat of a failure for me. I wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo and write something longer but ended up writing 5 short stories, and also didn't hit the word count. But hey... I've been writing, so that's good.

We are facing some job troubles at the moment, so I'm on edge. I don't like uncertainty, it makes me anxious and I am a worrier and tend to over think things. Never good. Never results in me being productive. Hopefully December will be better.

I've been starting to set up my list of books I want to read for 2017. Some group challenges on Goodreads are hard to resist. You can find me on Goodreads here.

I've been participating in a daily photo challenge on Litsy (if you don't know Litsy, this is my post about this new social media network for books, basically Instagram meets Goodreads.) this month and I enjoyed it a lot. Only missed two days, I think. You can find me there @Vinjii

I have 15 books left to read in December, which is approximately 3 books a week, I hopefully should manage. However I did choose Sanderson's The Way of Kings as one of the books, so maybe that wasn't smart.

I've read 7 books in November.

Dune was my favourite. And the reviews for Emperor of Thorns, Kafka on the Shore and Hyperion will be coming soon.

 I'm still in love with this cover. It's just really beautiful, despite me at first thinking it's the weird opening of a cave. Thankfully some comments said they saw the same. So, I don't have to feel too embarrassed for not having seen the worm immediately.

The reviews to Paper Towns, A Darker Shade of Magic, and Seveneves can be found by clicking onto the title.


Hope everyone had a good November and I wish everyone a good start to December.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you were writing - it counts as participating. Well done for pumping out those stories!

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your job troubles resolve amicably.

    I am wishing you the very best December and hope it's been going well for you so far!

    ReplyDelete