Thursday 2 February 2017

February TBR

My library text me today and suddenly they had all the books I wanted to read at once. For some I've been waiting for quite a while, so February is shaping up to be a busy month. Sadly their ebook selection is not very extensive and consists of mostly crime and romance novels. But, I ran there and back with a small backpack and got a workout in!
It's getting warmer again, though I feel like that might be just temporary. 
I plan on finishing the first draft of the psychological thriller that I'm currently writing. It's going well. I'm also planning to send out a few short stories this month. Keep your fingers crossed. 
It's my partner's birthday next week, so we are planning a spa day and a day out at the science museum in London. Maybe some sushi for dinner? Not sure yet. 
Also haven't bought any gifts yet, must rectify that like yesterday. She's hard to buy for though. She likes science fiction, is a big fan of The Expanse, The Hunger Games, Red Rising but doesn't enjoy fantasy. Thoughts?
My books for February:
  • Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (They're already reserved by another library member, so I have to prioritise those two.)
  • Open by Andre Agassi (I'm reading that one with a bookclub, so again, I have to prioritise it.)
  • The Fifth Season and The Killing Moon by N. K. Jemisin (Trying to read more diverse authors and books, so those books are part of that.)
  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (I've started that in January, so better finish it!)
  • Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey (Again, started in January, better finish it!)
  • Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson (Re-reading it in German to get the most out of this fantasy world, so far it's amazing.)
  • The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William L. Shirer (Over a thousand pages of non fiction, I'm pretty sure this one will drag into March if not April. Oh and I've got Hamilton waiting for me! Ha!)
  • I'm hoping I'll get to Neil Gaiman's Anansi Boys and Leigh Bardugo's Six of Crows.
What's on your tbr list for February? Hoping everyone is having an excellent winter!

5 comments:

  1. YAY FOR THE LIBRARY HAVING ALL THE BOOKS YOU WANT!! That's such an amazing feeling!! Hope you enjoy them! I'm also hoping to read Six of Crows this month - I bought it a few days ago. It looks SO good :)

    Happy reading! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them!

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps telling me how good Six of Crows is, hope to get to it soon!

      Delete
  2. That's quite a TBR for the shortest month. :) I've only read the first book in the Throne of Glass series. Still unsure if I'll continue. As much as I adored ACOTAR and ACOMAF, I just couldn't really get into ToG. I imagine that Open is pretty interesting. I used to somewhat follow Andre's career back in the 90's.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you followed Andre's career, then yes, it's interesting. And I think the Throne of Glass series improves from what I've heard. It was her first book and it took her a while to develop and find her voice. Maybe give the second book a shot, if you still don't like it, give up?

      Delete
  3. I started Six of Crows and had to put it aside. I didn't get into it. I'll try it again soon. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete