Wednesday 9 August 2017

I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh

Book Title: I Let You Go
Author: Clare Mackintosh
Genre: Suspense, Mystery
My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Source: Library

Goodreads, Amazon UK

Goodreads Summary: In a split second, Jenna Gray's world descends into a nightmare. Her only hope of moving on is to walk away from everything she knows to start afresh. Desperate to escape, Jenna moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast, but she is haunted by her fears, her grief and her memories of a cruel November night that changed her life forever.

Slowly, Jenna begins to glimpse the potential for happiness in her future. But her past is about to catch up with her, and the consequences will be devastating...
What did I think? This book could have been a solid and well written mystery, but there's a few things about it that made it so much more, and guarantee that it will stay with me for the foreseeable future.

I can't talk about it though, because I firmly believe this one should be experienced blind and that knowing anything about it would probably ruin the experience. If you're looking for a mystery novel with a fast paced plot that is extremely well written, look no further, pick this one up, don't look at any reviews and start reading. Trust me.

I didn't mind that the story is a bit slow in the beginning, and after it picks up it turns into a wild ride that I couldn't put down. I basically devoured this in one sitting. The characters are interesting and well developed, and I could tell that the author infused this book with personal experience.

Why didn't I give this five stars? Well, I wasn't a fan of how it all came together at the end. I felt like it was a tad too neat and a little bit too convenient, but maybe I'm just difficult to please?

Recommended to all mystery and suspense fans.

5 comments:

  1. This is another thriller I've been eyeing, especially since I've seen her other book I See You around. I kinda want to get to both of these. I've been loving thrillers lately but a few have bobbled the landing a bit at the end, like how you mention here- sometimes they wrap up a little too cozy. Still glad this was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that feeling during one of your favourite's as well, Big Little Lies, just a tad too convenient in the last few chapters, hehe. Did not diminish my enjoyment but made me raise an eyebrow.

      Delete
  2. This was a DNF for me but wow but wow maybe I should have read some more and take that wild ride too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this one on my TBR for ages and keep forgetting about it. It does sound good though so I really need to make it more of priority on my reading list. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I've been looking forward to this one, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Glad to hear the characters are well developed, too :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete